BOSCH 12 PLACE DISHWASHER REVIEW
In this time of Covid we can not overlook the fact that how busy and fast our lives are staying at home, taking care of house chores and also working from home along with people and kids to take care of in the house. In this hustle and bustle of the house, Dishwashers are blessings in disguise.
Well, we are using a Dishwasher before the Covid times reason being adjusting the timings of the house help which many of us struggle with. This is where our first Dishwasher which was Bosch Dishwasher came in our lives and then there was no looking back.
Now, it really doesn’t matter if we have less or more vessels to clean, it doesn’t matter if you are trying new dishes and recipes with your partner and using all the extra vessels, you have the Dishwasher at your rescue.
Well, there are many myths and misconceptions in our minds about investing in a dishwasher for an Indian kitchen and it may not clean the oily curries and spices from the utensils, and well as I said it is a myth / misconception. Dishwasher’s do clean all the oily curries and spices from the utensils as it washes the utensils at a very high degree cleaning all types of spices, oil stains and grease from your utensils leaving them clean and shiny.
Previously we reviewed LG 14 Place Dishwasher. Here we will be talking about our experience with Bosch 12 Place Dishwasher (Model: SMS66GW01I) which we got in the white variant. This model also comes in another color which is Silver Inox (Model: SMS66GI01I). Silver variant is more expensive than the white variant and you can get this product for around Rs.39000-42000.
You can also check out our pick for the Top 5 Best Dishwashers in India.
- 12 Place Settings
- 6 wash programs, 3 Options
- Noise level: 52 dB
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 84.5 x 60 x 60 cm
- Net weight (kg) 43.546 kg
- Time delay: 1 – 24 hr
- Water Consumption : 9L -13L
- Energy Consumption : 1.45 Kilowatt Hours
- Inner tub: Polinox, dosage assist basket and glass care system
- Tub material: Plastic
- Included in box : 1 Dishwasher, Inlet pipe, outlet pipe, User Manual, detergent sample
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
Unboxing and Contents
The packaging was good and it looks decent too. It has a nice white glossy finish. When we open the Dishwasher, we get an Instructions Guide, Filter, Cutlery Basket, Water Pipe, Manual and Sample Dishwasher Finish Quantum Max Tablets. The build quality is solid and it is stainless steel.
- Intensive Kadhai Mode: Washes the utensils at 70°. This is a special program for heavily soiled kadhais, pots and pans.
- Express Sparkle Mode: Washes the utensils at 65°. This saves time and gets us clean and dried utensils in just 59 minutes of time.
- Auto Mode: Washes the utensils at 45° – 65°. This is a sensor controlled for Normal mixed load.
- Eco Mode: Washes the utensils at 50°. It consumes less energy comparatively.
- Quick Mode: Washes the utensils at 45°. It cleans the utensils in just 29 minutes without drying. This is suitable for lightly soiled dishes.
- Pre Rinse Mode – This mode is used when you don’t want to wash the utensils immediately then you can just pre rinse it for the time being and wash it anytime later.
- Vario Eco Option: Saves energy and water
- Half Load: For fewer utensils
- Extra dry: For increasing drying efficiency
You can use any Program in combination with these 3 Options of Vario Eco, Half Load or Extra Dry as per your need and requirement.
The installation is quite simple and very similar to the washing machine installation. You would need a 16 amp power supply port, a water connection is required for water inlet and one drain outlet space for waste water flow.
The wash quality is really good given we use the correct set Dishwasher Detergent, Rinse Aid & Salt or say Tablets in that matter. We are getting around 90-95% good results and all the utensils would be 90% dry after the wash cycle is completed. Here are some sample utensils wash quality after and before.
Dishwasher Salt: Using a Dishwasher Salt is optional, it can be used if the water in your region is very hard, in that case you must use the Dishwasher Salt. The Dishwasher Salt doesn’t actually enter the Dishwasher instead it flows through the softener unit before being drained with the waste water. This costs around Rs.100-150 for 1 kg depending on the brand you use and it lasts for up to 2-3 months depending upon your usage.
Rinse Aid: The Rinse Aid helps in drying your utensils. The main reason to use a Rinse Aid is to get rid of water spots, which can be particularly problematic if you have hard water. Rinse Aid will cost you around Rs.100-250 for 400 ml depending on the brand you use. Rinse Aid lasts for around 15 Days once refilled depending upon your usage.
Dishwasher Detergent Powder: This will cost you around Rs.150-350 for 1 kg depending on the brand you are using. 1 KG Dishwasher Detergent lasts for about a month depending on your usage.
Dishwasher Tablet: This will cost you around Rs.15-30 per tablet depending on the brand. The advantage of the Dishwasher Tablet over the Dishwasher Detergent is that most of the tablets contain the Dishwasher Salt and Rinse Aid in it so you need not buy it separately, you need to check the description of the tablet which you are buying for this. 1 tablet is used for 1 wash cycle.
Pros and Cons
This was our review on using the Bosch Dishwasher for around 2 years now and if you are someone thinking of buying a Dishwasher you can definitely go for this model. It is a good product and we personally do not have any complaints with this product.
For any reviews and feedback or concerns you can write down to us in the comment section below.
You can buy this product from given below link: